be free from unhealthy relationships (lesson four) ...a blog ...
how to not act desperate … (lesson four) …
The famous founder of Gestalt therapy Fritz Perl said, which I think still holds true. “If you love something set it free, if it comes back to you it was meant to be, if it doesn’t it never was”. His not being with you may be for your highest good. Who knows what you were spared. You have to honor the mind of the universe.... the importance of detachment ...
Have you ever felt desperate? What did it feel like? How did you handle your feelings of desperation?
What are three things you can do when you feel hurt, rejected or abandoned?
Have you ever felt desperate? Yes many times.
The desperate usually succeed because they have nothing to lose.
What did it feel like? When I feel desperate I feel out of control and alone and empty. I panic and will do anything to get rid of those feelings.
Sometimes loneliness makes the loudest noise.
How did you handle your feelings of desperation? I usually give in to them. I cry, beg and do anything to get my equilibrium back. And I mean anything.
See it for what it is, not for what you want it to be.
What are three things you can do when you feel hurt, rejected or abandoned? I can support myself. Meditate. Go for a walk. Seek out someone from my support system.
- Meaningful daily reminders make growth and positive change easier.
- The space between the things you do is just as important as the things you do.
- Journaling is a priceless tool for self-reflection and self-improvement.
- The wrong relationships pull you back – the right ones push you forward.
- Taking consistent and realistic action every day sets you free.
- Consult a therapist. If you feel that you’re going to act self-destructive , consider finding a therapist or seeing your therapist (if you already have one) for an emergency session.
- Go to a twelve-step program meeting. There are twelve-step programs meetings all over the world at all times of the day and night. There are also twelve step meetings you can call into on the phone now. If you believe you’re going to act desperate, go to any twelve- step program meeting and connect with other people who understand how you feel. You can also get a sponsor who you will be able to call on a consistent basis.
- Watch a movie with a character that acts “desperate”. Here is a sample of some classic movies with “desperate” women characters. Can you relate to any of these characters when they are acting desperate?
- fatal attraction
- play misty for me
- the story of Adele H
- the Betty Broderick story
- Camile Claudell
Heal Yourself with Writing: Course Overview
Lesson 1: How To Stop Clinging
Lesson 2: Going Through A Breakup
Lesson 3: Building A Support System
Lesson 4: How To Not Act Desperate
Lesson 5: Obsessing
Lesson 7: Your Psychological History
Ms Denise Mijatovic ... (aka indigo ...)
lead me ... blog writer ...
I am the owner and main author of me ... website. I want to keep this bit short and sweet so if you want to read more about me then please go to 'about me'.